Ever leave a weekend training feeling informed and inspired—only to realize on Monday you can’t remember a thing you can use? We get it!
If you have taken Rachel’s At the Crossroads of Trauma Therapy, then you qualify for our all new Day 3 training—a chance to deepen into the practice of trauma-informed therapy and gain confidence in the approach. Here you will begin to know the work with your whole body. We will do a quick review of case conceptualization and trauma-informed treatment—then dive head-first into applying what you know in new, innovative and playful ways! Role plays, live enactments, community building/support exercises, and practice, practice, practice. Enhance your understanding of, and comfort with, accurate assessment of dissociation, the dissociative table, particularly challenging clients—and make them your own!
This training is designed to take you beyond cognitive understanding, to assimilation and embodiment… and we intend to have a blast along the way! Connect with other trauma-informed therapists. Delicious vegetarian lunch provided.
December 2nd, 2018 from 10am-4:30pm
The Oakland Center, In the Trans Pacific Center
1000 Broadway, Suite 109, Oakland, CA 94607
The Oakland Center is located directly across from 12th Street BART stop in Oakland.
Inside the Trans Pacific Centre at the corner of 11th St. and Broadway.
- Accurately identify psychological trauma across the diagnostic spectrum
- Identify client readiness for trauma processing and/or advanced stabilization and apply interventions in real time
- Apply appropriate, advanced trauma-informed interventions across the diagnostic spectrum
- Recognize ‘parts’ work dynamics through demonstration and dramatization
- Apply case conceptualization in real time!
You qualify for this training ONLY if you have completed Rachel’s At the Crossroads of Trauma-informed Therapy.
Space is limited—so sign up soon. (5 CEUs)
Case Conceptualization In Action
10:00–11:00—Advanced Review: Big Picture & Case Conceptualization
- The Story of Dissociation: a condensed review!
- Symptom Checklists & Dissociative Spectrum: Vignettes and large group practice incase conceptualization.
- Case Conceptualization: Diagnosis of Dissociation along the Spectrum: Vignettes with collaborative practice in case conceptualization & treatment planning.
- Advanced Case Conceptualization – Symptom Clusters: When symptoms come in confusing clusters.
Interventions In Action
11:00–11:30—Review of Stabilization:
- Demonstration of Stabilization: Case Presentation w/ Live enactment
11:30–12:00—Review of Stabilization Interventions (Step 1):
12:00–1:00 LUNCH (Lunch Provided)
(Networking: Trauma-Informed Community Development)
1:00–1:30—Review of Stabilization Interventions (Step 2):
- Mapping & Advanced Mapping: Clusters of ‘Parts’
- Diss. Table: Lecture and interactive group review
- Blending Interventions: Moving from ‘Thinking in Parts’ to ‘Feeling in Parts’ to Trauma Processing.
- Blending interventions and receiving case consultation as a way to move ‘stuck’ cases forward.
2:45-4:15—Instruction: Case Conceptualization with Interventions
- Case Vignettes enacted in teams – community collaboration in case conceptualization and advanced (blended) treatment interventions.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will receive a refund of 100% minus a $20 administrative fee, with at least 15 day notice, prior to the workshop. Cancellations will receive NO refund if no notification is provided, or if the notification arrives less than 15 days prior to the workshop.
Grievance Policy: All grievances must be in writing and sent to Rachel Walker at email@example.com. Replies will be made within 5-10 business days.